Node.js Backend Engineer
Our remote-friendly product development team is looking for a Node.js Backend Engineer to join them on a couple of different projects.
If you're a natural edge-case hunter who appreciates quality code and delights at the chance of growing digital products - join us and get an opportunity to make incredible things.
Your Career So Far
You like problem-solving and enjoy making complex things simple. You have been working on web solutions as a part of a team before. When it comes to experience, you are somewhere between a junior and a mid-level engineer, and you are looking to take your skills to the next level. You have:
- 1-2 years of industry experience with Node.js projects;
- Experience in building and documenting secure REST APIs using modern frameworks;
- Experience in working with relational and document databases;
- No specific frontend skills, but a good understanding of how the clients and servers fit together.
- Knowledge of Typescript and object-oriented design
- Enthusiasm for unit and integration testing
- Experience in shipping applications with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD process
Your Role at Neopix
At Neopix, we design and engineer digital products across industries: from medical, fintech, and SAAS to food, fitness, and real estate —you name it, we’ve probably done it. Our current clients are several global companies, some very cool startups, and a couple of big-shot finance management clients. We are looking for someone excited to be a part of such an organization and move our team forward.
Here's your daily life at Neopix:
- Team effort: Work closely with a team of designers and product owners to define business logic, and also frontend and mobile engineers to determine an optimal interface for data exchange.
- Engineering: Design and implement low-latency API, database structure, and everything in between to make sure it’s running smoothly. Come up with creative solutions for challenging business problems.
- Keeping an eye on quality: Work on bug fixing and improving application performance and security. Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Communication: Express your ideas, share your know-how, and participate in clear and honest cross-team communication.
- Culture-carrying: We know how all this sounds: like a big pile of deliverables. And it would be if, behind all those tasks, there wasn’t a group of humans who put meaningful, highest-quality work at the forefront of their daily to-dos. Together, you’ll be keeping Neopix’s spirit thriving.
More than 50 people share a physical and digital space at Neopix and work as one big happy unit: engineers, designers, illustrators, strategists, marketers, product managers, one CEO, and occasionally somebody's cat or dog.
A Company Trying Its Best
In today's world, work tends to become life, and life easily gets consumed by work. That's why, when it comes to being at Neopix, we made balance a priority. It means we give people the tools, guidance, and support for growing their careers with plenty of safety nets and encouragement. We are the wind beneath their wings.
So we spent some time looking for the right mix of structure and flexibility. Seriousness and fun. Hard decisions and easy solutions. And we've come to the conclusion that a perfect workplace is where people do rewarding work and feel comfortable being back on yet another Monday.
There are 4 sides to what it means to work here: financial bliss, career development, employee wellbeing, and your Neopix experience.
Get paid fair and square to do the work you love.
You work with us - you get the best of us on all fronts. Everyone's hard work, talent, ideas, and effort will always be fairly rewarded. We foster open and honest conversations around salary, bonuses, and all kinds of money-related topics.
Full-time contract with full benefits, and a market-rate pay that matches your seniority on our job grading scale.
Bonuses: Loyalty (after we’ve done the math of our yearly revenue) and Performance bonus (this one’s all you).
We’re all about transparency, so here are our ranges for Backend Engineering roles:
Team Lead: €3,500.00+ Net (gross annual up to €70k)
Senior Backend Engineer: €2,000.00 to €3,000.00 Net (gross annual up to €60k)
Mid-level Backend Engineer: €1,250.00 to €1,750.00 Net (gross annual up to €35k)
Junior Backend Engineer: €750.00 to €1,000.00 Net (gross annual up to €20k)
Look at Neopix as a platform for growth, learning, and doing good work.
What you do goes beyond a set of lists and tasks. That's why we make sure you have a 360 view of what problems those tasks solve in a grand scheme of things.
Career: Long-term projects and a clear career path. Actively talk about and plan your career with the team. Work on your soft skills, or focus on areas you want to perfect.
Client work: Working with international teams on exciting solutions that help solve some pretty tricky product problems.
Mentorship: A more experienced team member helping you ease into our process and workflow.
Education: A budget for tools, books, classes and conferences.
Work is important, but we’ll never let it stand between you and your life.
Good days or not-so-good days, we understand where you're needed the most. We support our people through their time off, hardships, and stepping into new life roles.
Flexibility: Not more than 40 hours a week in a remote-friendly environment.
Rest: A standard 21 days of paid time off, adding up to 35 with public holidays, one summer team retreat, and closing up for the week during winter holiday season.
Family-first policies: Dads-to-be who work here get ten weeks, and new moms have up to a year of 100% covered parental leave.
Recharge bonus: 10 days additional time off at Year 5.
3 Mental Health days: Everyone at Neopix has a chance to hit the pause button whenever they need to slow down.
Your Neopix Experience
What sets us apart.
You know what we're talking about. Every company has it. Even though we all seem to look the same and sound the same, it's unique for almost any workplace and team. The secret sauce. The extra mile. The motto. The inside jokes. The "my way."
Hybrid and remote work. You don't have to move across the country for us.
Office life is back. We made sure ours is cozy, sunlit, and pet-friendly.
Latest tools, hardware, software, accessories, chairs, and company swag.
Company events and team retreats with a purpose and a twist.
Lots of surprise stuff we can't really tell you about unless you join us.
So, Why Not Join Us?
If you're still reading this, you're just the kind of person we're looking for. Our emails and DMs are open until 16.12.2022.
Say hello to us at email@example.com with your resume and work.
We look forward to meeting you!