React Native Developer
Neopix’s in-house Mobile App Development Team is seeking an experienced React Native Developer for full-time support. They need someone who loves and lives mobile technologies and is inspired by helping people build and grow digital products that run businesses.
An ideal person
You know what it takes to build advanced design-driven mobile applications. You might have been a Frontend Developer who’s had a change of heart and switched to React Native, or you fell in love with mobile technologies from the very beginning of your career. You are somewhere between a junior and a senior; years of experience are important, but we don’t like putting labels on your work. You have all of these:
- 1-2 years of experience with React Native and/or React
- Previous experience with iOS and/or Android
- Experience with Remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and API
- A basic understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Ability to work a schedule with partial overlaps with US work hours
- Confidence in communication and high proficiency in written and spoken English
You have a working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies, and a solid understanding of how a mobile development life cycle works.
Above all, you are a nice person who respects others and knows that teamwork makes the dream work.
A spectacular work
Here at Neopix, we design and engineer solutions for several established global businesses, a couple of really cool startups, and one Big Shot client Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. For now, we have you in mind for one long-term project with several globally-distributed teams involved. This is the part where you come in and:
- Build design-driven mobile applications
- Maintain application performance and dependencies up to date
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Working with agile methodology
- Work with our Development and Design Teams, Team Leaders, Product Owners, and report to our CTO
- Gradually learn about and commit to our processes and workflow
The teams never work separately - we do both web and mobile development in-house, and our developers are always a part of the creative process. You will closely work with design and backend dev teams, but also get to collaborate and share a space with other engineers, designers, illustrators, strategists, marketers, product managers, semi-pro photographers, one CEO, and occasionally somebody’s cat or dog.
A phenomenal employer
For us, a perfect company is the one where people are well-compensated for their efforts and feel comfortable and happy in their work environment. So we turned these into No.1 priorities: salaries, professional development, and overall employee happiness. If you work with us, you get the best of us:
- A competitive amount of money
- Full benefits no matter your role or seniority
- Flexible work hours (not more than 40 hours a week)
- Latest equipment: hardware, software, seating, and accessories - we're trying to set (and often go above) the local industry standards
- An opportunity to be mentored by our team of seasoned professionals
- A generous Parental leave policy (dads-to-be who work here get ten weeks, and new moms receive fifty-two weeks fully paid time off)
- 21 days of paid vacation time off + holidays + company retreats twice a year (all expenses covered)
- Catered lunches from time to time
- A sunny and cozy office in downtown Niš that comes with a backyard view and free parking
There’s something you want, but it’s not on our list? Feel free to tell us, and we’ll try to make it work. Unless it’s a pony. We can’t do anything about that.
Inhouse but currently remote
This is a full-time and a “kinda remote” role. It’s better than it sounds, because “kinda remote” sounds awful. Let us explain.
We’ve always had an office-first company culture. Everything happening in the world right now made us switch to remote work, and we will not likely be back at our office space before spring 2021. And that’s a hard maybe. Nobody really knows.
This means your first day at the office will probably start from your living room on a Google Meet call.
So, what do you think?
If you’re still reading this, it means you're just the kind of person we’re looking for. So join us! Our emails and DMs are open until November 15, 2020. Say hello to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé and links to your recent work, and we’ll be in touch.
We look forward to learning more about you!