Senior Full Stack Developer
Neopix's in-house Development Team is seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer. If you're someone who loves building and growing digital products and you have previous experience in the same or similar role - you're the one we've been looking for.
An ideal person
- 3-5 years of industry experience developing web-based applications
- Experience in building, running, and debugging web applications using modern JS frameworks
- An understanding of how the system fits together, from the user interface to the data model
- You’ve led or mentored a team of engineers before
- You’ve worked as a tech lead on a project
- You’ve closely worked with a design team before and have a basic understanding of UX design
- Confidence in communication and high proficiency in written and spoken English
Bonus points if you're familiar with:
- DevOps CI/CD processes
- Unit and E2E testing
- Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
- AWS Infrastructure
You have a strong knowledge of the web landscape and architecture. You follow current trends and know all about the up-and-coming technologies. And most importantly, you agree with us when we say that sometimes all we need is a better web experience.
Above all, you are a nice person who respects others and knows that teamwork makes the dream work.
A spectacular work
Here at Neopix, we design and engineer digital products for several global businesses, a couple of really cool startups, and one big shot client from the world of fintech. For now, we have you in mind for one long-term project where we're building several products with globally distributed teams. This is where you step in and:
- Build design-driven web applications
- Maintain application performance and dependencies up to date
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance and security
- Test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Assist our Project Manager in client meetings and project estimations
- Work as part of a team with our Development and Design Teams, Team Leaders, Product Owners, and our CTO
- Gradually learn about and commit to our processes and workflow
The teams at Neopix never work separately - we do both design and development in-house, and our engineers are always a part of our creative process. You will also get a chance to collaborate and share a space with other engineers, designers, illustrators, strategists, marketers, product managers, semi-pro photographers, one CEO, and occasionally somebody's cat or dog.
A phenomenal employer
For us, a perfect company is the one where people are well-rewarded for their efforts and feel comfortable and happy in their work environment. So we turned these into No.1 priorities: salaries, professional development, and overall employee happiness. If you work with us, you get the best of us:
- A competitive amount of money + year-end bonuses
- Full benefits no matter your role or seniority
- Flexible work hours (not more than 40 hours a week)
- Latest equipment: Hardware, software, chairs, and accessories - we're trying to set (and often go above) the local industry standards
- A team of seasoned professionals as your coworkers
- A generous Parental leave policy: Dads-to-be who work here get 10 weeks, and new moms have 55 weeks of fully compensated time off
- 21 days of paid vacation time off + holidays + company retreats twice a year (all expenses covered)
- Catered lunches from time to time
- A sunny and cozy office in downtown Niš that comes with a backyard view and free parking
There’s something you want, but it’s not on our list? Feel free to tell us, and we’ll try to make it work. Unless it’s a pony. We can’t do anything about that.
In-house but currently remote
This is a full-time and a “kinda remote” role. It’s better than it sounds because “kinda remote” sounds awful. Let us explain.
We’ve always had an office-first company culture. Everything happening in the world right now made us switch to remote work, and we will not likely be back at the office before fall 2021.
This means your first day at the job will probably start from your living room on a Google Meet call.
So, what do you think?
If you’re still reading this, it means you're just the kind of person we’re looking for. Our emails and DMs are open until December 15, 2021. Say hello to us at email@example.com with your résumé and links to your recent work.
We look forward to meeting you!